Mandala Eco Homes
Exotic Handcrafted Eco Homes, Ohana Cottages & Gazebos or any other structure you may dream up. Built from sustainable coconut hardwood made in our own factory in Bali in pre-built kits.
Our commitment is to build in harmony with nature, showing how beautiful a home can be using only ecologically sustainable plantation grown hardwoods. We provide you with a Complete Kit, rather than just a shell, including roof tiles, wooden windows & doors, pre-laid real hardwood floors, down to lotus foundation stones.
View this 5 Minute Introductory Video
Watch this introductory video to find out how Mandala Homes are strong & long lasting, high quality & a work of art, reasonably priced, easy to assemble handcrafted & customized, non-toxically termite treated, and environmentally friendly!
- Our own factory manufactures our homes. We are the onlyu American-operated house factory in Bali.
- Coconut wood is one of our choice woods because it is an exquisitely beautiful and strong tropical hardwood that is ecologically plantation grown. Coconut wood is a durable, knot-free wood with a high fibrous content that resists warping and cracking.
- Rubber wood is a blond-colored and knot-free tropical hardwood that comes from the rubber plantations, the source of latex. In the interest on ecology, we avoid the use of trees cut from the rain forests.
- Wood treatments include vacuum kiln drying, oven kiln drying, fine sanding and three layers of quality finishes.
- Termite treatment and anti-rot treatment is by our own high-pressure wood treatment plant using non-toxic borate solution. This is the first treatment facility of its kind in Indonesia.
- Roofs can be made of durable ironwood shingles, long-life high-fired ceramic tiles (natural or glazed) or traditional Balinese alang-alang thatched grass.
- Insulation panels can be added to roof assemblies to keep you extra cool in the sun.
- Cupolas (second mini-roofs) can be added to many designs for additional beauty, light and ventilation. Louvered windows can be installed in cupolas for cooler climates.
- Ceilings are typically made out of durable hand-woven bamboo mats that have been termite treated.
- Windows & doors are hand-made of wood and feature extra thick 1/5 inch glass. Tempered glass is used for doors and sliding glass doors. Screen windows and doors are also made of handcrafted wood.
- Solid brass hardware is used for hinges, latches and handles whenever possible for rust-free operation.
- Walls and floors are made of tongue and groove boards that are pre-laid and pre-finished. Floors can be standard 3/4 inch or 1 inch thick. Walls can include a layer of plywood for added sheer strength.
- Hurricane straps are added to roof beams and pillar bases. The construction framing is post and beam (post and pillar) using 8 inch diameter coconut wood pillars, which makes it naturally hurricane resistant.
- Cold weather climates can be accomodated with double windows and insulated walls, ceilings and floors.
- Kitchen and bath cabinets of exquisite custom designs with designer granite counters are available.
- Bathrooms and closets can also be done as room extensions projecting out from the main living space.
- Architectural drawings using AutoCAD are created by our Balinese architect and engineer team.
Contact us or Visit our website for more information! http://mandalaecohomes.com/